It’s here! The blog tour starts today. We start out with a feature on a fabulous author, Marcy Blesy. She is a published author of over ten children and young adult books and short stories. By day she runs an elementary school library. By night, she writes up a storm for children. She has written a book series called Evie and the Volunteers. Here is her take on her school memories, volunteering, and writing for children.
1) Who was your favorite children’s author and how did they influence you?
I loved Beverly Cleary books as a child. There is something very endearing about Ramona.
2) What is your most memorable school moment?
In third grade every student got to be the VIP for the week. Each student in the class wrote a special page about the VIP that the teacher put in a VIP book. Talk about a self-esteem booster! Plus, the VIP got to keep a Ziggy water globe on her desk during the week.
3) Do you have a writing routine?
Share what works for you. I work fulltime and have two teenagers with busy schedules. I write when I can and I’ve learned that that’s okay!
4) Was there anything in school that was difficult for you?
I never was a fan of science. Chemistry—ugh!
5) What is writing to you in one sentence?
Writing is a therapeutic way of tapping into myself while developing a character, flaw and all.
6) What projects are you working on right now?
I just finished book 3 in the Evie and the Volunteers series, for ages 9-12. Book 4 will be a winter project.
**Here is a link to Marcy Blesy’s Amazon Author Page to check out all of her fabulous books.
Book Review of Evie and the Volunteers: Animal Shelter Book 1
Evie and the Volunteers: Animal Shelter is a heart warming book that is the start of a series that will teach children the meaning of volunteering. It starts with Evie, a girl getting into all sorts of trouble. Unsure of why her veteran Dad has returned to the hospital again, she lashes out turning irresponsibility into a new art.
But when her mother comes up with the punishment to volunteer at the local animal shelter, her world changes when she learns what it is like to care for another. You’ll be cheering her on as she tries to add another furry member to her family and is stopped at every turn. It take her father’s return to solve everything.
This is a great book to share with your child the responsibility of giving back to the community while going along with Evie’s inner journey. I really enjoyed this cute story that teaches that you can open your heart to others and heal yourself at the same time.
**** Four Stars Middle Grade Reader
LINK TO AMAZON:
GIVEAWAYS and DISCOUNTS
Here is the current list of freebies, discounts, and giveaways during the blog tour. All discounts, freebies and giveaways will be running through the blog tour dates: 9/12-9/16.
- Win a $25 shopping spree on Amazon! Link to the Rafflecopter giveaway link here!
- Download a free copy of Konrad and the Birthday Painting HERE!
- Philip Gibson’s Graded Word For Word Reader 1 & 2 Free
- The Lost Secret of Fairies: Discounted to $0.99
- Win a notebook set, bookmarks or the book Tinker Bee by Erin Liles: http://erinbethliles.weebly.com/blog/back-to-school-blog-tour-giveaway
For an interview with me, Tiffany Turner, head on over to Sandra Anderson’s blog HERE!
***BOOKMARK and come back daily to see more featured authors, book reviews and fun!